A strong, high-quality roof is important part of your commercial building. Does your current office building need a roof replacement? Are you breaking ground on a new location? Metal roofing is a great option for commercial buildings in Minnesota. We’ve put together a list weighing out the pros and cons below to help you learn more about this type roofing.
Advantages of Metal Roofing
- Resiliency. It can tolerate extreme weather better than asphalt shingles.
- Durability. This type of roofing is immune to becoming faded, cracked, chipped, or corroded.
- Low maintenance. It requires very little upkeep. For example, this type of material has a smaller likelihood of having ice dam issues in the winter.
- Energy efficient. This type of roofing can help you save money on your energy bills. Ask a professional roofer about covering the roof with a coating to help reflect the sun.
- Longer lifespan. It can have a lifespan of 30-70 years. In fact, a copper metal roof can last up to 100 years!
Disadvantages of Metal Roofing
- Initial cost. Metal roofing does cost more upfront to install than asphalt shingles. Yet, a metal roof with a long lifespan and minimal routine maintenance which can save you money in the long run.
- Risk of denting. This type of roofing could dent if objects such as large branches fall on it. If a dent does occur, call a professional roofing company for an assessment. Certified roofers can find a solution that’s customized to your situation.
- Noise. Metal roofing can be noisy during severe rainstorms. Adding insulation to the attic can help mute sounds. It can also help make your building more energy efficient, too!
Metal roofing has many advantages and disadvantages to consider. Contact Above All Roofing today to learn more about our roofing services. Ask us about our Lifetime Workmanship Warranty on all complete roof replacements.